"...Have faith in your dreams and someday,

your rainbow will come smiling through.

No matter how your heart is grieving,

if you keep on believing,

the dream that you wish will come true..."



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Prenatal Appointment: 13 weeks + 2 days

I had another prenatal appointment yesterday at the local hospital.  The doctor was able to hear the baby's heart beat with the doppler, and it was quite audible!!  He said that hearing the heart beat like that was a really good sign considering I am only 13 weeks along and we have to listen/try to find the heart beat through the placenta.  Often, when they try to listen through the placenta all they hear is my heart beat.  So that was very reassuring.  I am having a lot of stretching and lower back discomfort, which I have read is normal, thanks to relaxin.  The stretching is a good sign, and as uncomfortable as it may be...I don't mind!

The doctor also modified my work accommodation note to get me off my feet a little more.  This was done more for my peace of mind that for safety of the baby.  He said that exercise should not effect the bleeding that I am experiencing, but I do wonder if it does sometimes.  My blood pressure was good (considering), and I have lost 3 lbs since my last appointment.  I thought for sure that I would have gained at least 5 lbs.  So far, I have lost 2 lbs total in this pregnancy, but I know that will change very soon!  Here comes thanksgiving, and Christmas..and PIE!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you are carrying your rainbow. I'm glad to hear that things are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still haven't been able to get a doppler heart beat! All they get is the placenta (which seems to be having his heart beat then mine) But I am glad yours is loud and clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! LOVE to hear the heartbeat. We're still a few weeks away from that one. But we did have a dating ultrasound this week and got to see "Dot" for the first time. I started crying - so reassuring to see our tiny baby in my belly. :)

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete